Remove Field: This only removes the field from the config screen. this is useful if interfacing a large table but only interfacing a small number of fields. you can safely remove the unused fields from the config without needing to configure them. the removed fields are simply ignored within the interface created. they will however be back when you re-edit the interface in case you require a field at a later stage.
Title: The displayed title of the field for reports and forms
Caption: A caption for the field in the form
Width: the width of the field column in report. (not effected in template report)
Justify: Alignment of the field column in report.( not effected in template report)
XAxis: sets field as the X axis when in chart mode
Chart item: sets the field as a chart item (Y Axis) when in chart mode
Chart Type: type of chart when in chart mode
Field Name: The desplay name of the field that will be shown in the interface.
FieldType: This is the field data handler. It controls the way all the data for that field is handled. It also defines how the form input for that field looks and works. A text FieldType for example, will have a simple single line text box, but a date type will have a date picker or an image upload will have a file upload box with an image preview. Clicking on the fieldtype button opens the fieldtype selector panel for you to choose the desired fieldtype you want to use.
All fieldtypes available are listed here
Field View and Index Settings: This controls how the field is viewed in a report. there are 4 options in this selector:
- Shown Indexed: the field is shown and has shows a filter setting in the filters box (fieldtype specific).
- Shown Not-Indexed: the field is shown but doesn’t show a filter option and is not effected by filtering.
- Hidden Indexed: the field is not shown but shows a filter setting in the filters box (fieldtype specific).
- Hidden Not-Indexed: the field is not shown and doesn’t show a filter option and is not effected by filtering.
Field Control Settings: These 3 icons do special stuff!
- Unique: This ensures that the value entered into the form does not exist in the database.
- Required: Validates that the field is filled in.
- Sortable: Makes the field column sortable in both directions (not in template mode)
FieldType Settings: Each field type can have its own configuration. An image field for example, may require a setting for image thumbnail sizes, or a date field may require date format settings and so forth. Some fields however don’t have any settings and therefore this button may not always be present.
GPS Coordinates FieldType config panel example which intergrates Google Maps